Friday 1 October 2010

October's Featured Stamper

Happy Friday, Peeps!

Now not only is it Friday, but it's also the 1st of October; where does the time fly by to?! So as it's a new month, that means it's time to introduce our new Featured Stamper!

Before we do, we'd just like to thank Margaret for sharing her projects with us (and her humour!) as September's Featured Stamper. Thank you so much, Margaret!

And so, would you please welcome our featured stamper for October.....


Debby!
(who's a li'l camera shy - but we're sure you've recognised this cute googly-eyed lime around blogland *wink*)

Debby caught our eye with her fab designs and we were delighted when she agreed to be our featured stamper for October! So without further ado, here's a little more info about her:


How did you get into papercrafting?

I’ve loved paper ever since I was a little girl. I remember a shop which had a wall filled with writing paper and matching envelopes in every colour of the rainbow. I used to spend ages choosing just the right colours to go together. I didn’t often write letters mind, but oh how I loved having the paper!

I suppose I really got in to papercrafts after having my children. At first I dabbled in card making and then a friend encouraged me to try scrapbooking. However, I seem to have come full circle and am right back into the cards. I like the immediacy of completing a card and I love giving them to people. I haven’t bought a card in over 5 years. Not one.

How long have you been stamping for?

I didn’t start stamping straight away. At first I continued with my love of all things paper but after a while I realised that I wanted focal points for my cards and I started to buy stamps. I suppose my stamp collection really got started when I found PTI about 3 or so years ago.

How did you get into PTI and why do you love it so much?

I remember seeing Nichole’s blog and being utterly blown away by all the fabulous stamps and the cards made with them. It was seeing all the wonderful creations that just had me sold on day one. I love the style of PTI stamps; great design, simple and classic with a modern twist. Add on the colour coordinated products and now dies and such and who doesn’t love PTI!

What would you say is your stamping style?

It is perhaps easier to say what my style isn’t! It’s not shabby chic and it’s not totally one layer CAS cards but somewhere in between. A simple design, a few layers, a tied ribbon, couple of buttons but overall a clean design.

Do you have a favourite PTI colour or colour combo that just makes you drool?

I adore green in all its shades and I love simply chartreuse at the moment. I often mix it with some of the paler palette that PTI stock – lemon tart, aqua mist, sweet blush.#

If you had to choose just one PTI stamp set to keep, which one would it be and why?

Now that’s just plain cruel – just one set! For images I often reach for Turning a New Leaf, but if I can sneak another one in then for sentiments I’ve been using lots of Round and Round recently.

Who is your PTI idol?

Nichole without a doubt, but I’ve loved the addition of Mailes Belles to the design team. When their names pop up on my Google reader my heart skips a beat with anticipation!

Where do you get your inspiration from?

Mainly on the internet; there is a wealth of amazing talent out there who all generously share their ideas in blogs, forums and online galleries. I also find great colour combos in house magazines and generally out and about. I may be doing my day to day stuff but my mind is never far away from my craft table!

What's your stamping dream?

I thought long and hard about this one, but when it comes down to it all I really want is to continue doing what I love - creating and enjoying the process. A few more hours in the day wouldn’t go amiss though, oh and an all expenses paid trip to CHA, and ......

Where can we go to check out more of your wonderful creations?

I would love it if you’d drop by and see me at my blog http://www.limedoodle.blogspot.com/

So pop over to Debby's to check out her fabulous designs! I'm sure you'll welcome Debby and are looking forward to seeing her creations here on the PTI blog as much as we are!

Aimes & Kate
xx

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Can't wait to see more of Debby's creations! She has some amazing things on her blog! I am a fan for sure!

Christina said...

Congratulations, Debby! I'm so excited to see her featured here. She is wonderfully talented and I always enjoying checking out her latest creation!

Inkyfingers said...

Congratulations Debby, I hope you relly enjoy being the featured stamper this month.
Carol x

Chris said...

Congratulations Debby - I am so looking forward to seeing more of your lovely creations here this month!