Monday 4 October 2010

Awesomely Autumnal


After being all 'squared out' with out last challenge, I hope you've got enough mojo left for this fortnight's challenge!

For this challenge we want you to be inspired by the season of Autumn. I myself will confess that autumn is my favourite time of the year - I adore the colours, wrapping up for walks in the bright sunshine, collecting conkers and of course, the yummy comfort food too!

But don't restrict yourself to these things only - you can use holidays such as Halloween for your autumnal inspiration or anything else you can think of!

For my example I didn't find inspiration from the wet and windy autumn that's occurring outside my window right now, that's NOT inspiring me at all! I instead, focused on the colours of autumn and the beautiful colours of autumnal leaves:



Card Deets
{Thank You}
All PTI Supplies Unless Stated
Stamps: Turning a New Leaf/Round and Round
Ink: Pure Poppy/Dark Chocolate
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate
Patterned Paper: Dotty Biscotti
Accessories: Fine Linen Grosgrain Ribbon/Jute Ribbon Twine/Autumn Mix Vintage Buttons/Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch


Over to Kate:

"While we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in the UK, I've always thought it such a wonderful autumnal celebration so I took this opportunity to make a thankful card for a dear friend in America. It also meant I could use my fabulous new leaf dies!"



Recipe:
Stamps: Leaf Prints/Rustic Branches
Card: Kraft/Vintage Cream/Ripe Avocado/Terracotta Tile
Ink: Spring Moss/Ripe Avocado/Dark Chocolate/Memento Black
Ribbon: Ripe Avocado
Other: Leaf Dies/Distressing tool


And as our featured stamper for October , here's Debby's take on the challenge with not one, but two inspirational cards!

"Well autumn is definitely here. The days are darker, the weather grey ........ but leaves are crisp and crunchy and colours are rich and bright. I have two autumn themed cards today and first up is a Halloween one. Where I live Halloween is a big deal; the houses are decorated, everyone dresses up, all the neighbours participate and we have lots of visitors from dusk until late. It's a lovely time of year with a great party atmosphere. This year I wanted to send a few Halloween greetings to my friends and neighbours. I used Halloween tags on this card. I wanted to keep the card bright and cheerful, so went with plenty of colour with just a touch of black to make the colours pop.

Here's a close up where you can see a bit better the results of the swiss dot embossing folder on the white layer.

Next up is an autumn card of a different theme. As anyone knows who drops by my blog (www.limedoodle.blogspot.com) regularly - I do looove leaves! I cut out some leaves from possibly my favourite set - Turning a New Leaf and glittered them until they sparkled so beautifully. It reminds me of the frosts that we are just starting to get in the mornings.

I cut some harvest gold felt with a mat stack 1 die then added the leaves and sentiment with lots of dimensionals before finishing off with an aqua mist bow. Boy, the felt and layers add a lovely depth to the card.

I hope you enjoy this challenge as much as I have and make the most of all autumn has to offer before our attention is all too quickly diverted to the next big holiday on the calendar."

So fancy playing along with us? Here are the deets:
  • All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify
  • To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post. Please leave the correct URL for your entry post and not just your generic blog address! If you're having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.
  • Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!
  • Challenge closes on Monday, October 18th 2010 at 9.00am GMT
  • A winner will be chosen at random to receive some PTI goodies!
  • In addition to this, we'll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.
We can't wait to see how autumn inspires you!

Aimes, Kate & Debby
xxx

9 comments:

i'm with the band said...

These are all so great!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Great cards! Each one a style of it's own. Thanks for the inspiration!

Marisa said...

LOVE the first card - I can't get enough of that set!! The second one is true to any Canadian's heart with those wonderful maple leaves :) Great set of cards from your GD too.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wowzers!! I LOOOVE all your cards this week, absoloutely spectacular!!!

Daniela F. said...

Fabulous cards, ladies! You all did a great job to capture the spirit of the season :-)

Vannessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vannessa said...

Inlinkz doesn't like me anymore :( But here's my card anyways: http://saffiresstamping.blogspot.com/2010/10/bit-of-mixed-batch-today.html (Would help if I used the correct link in here wouldn't it?! :P)

Really sad that I had to miss out on today's Make n Take day - the cards and little treat pouch look fab! But my Grandad did have a nice afternoon lunch - was very busy though, about 30 of us in the end!

Inkyfingers said...

All these cards are so gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration ladies.

Tina Moore said...

These are all so great!