Wednesday 13 July 2011

Challenge: Sweet, Sweet, Summertime

Hey Everyone!

Ready for a brand spanking new challenge here on A Passion for Papertrey? I hope so!

For the next fortnight we're thinking of summertime. Whether it's the colours you associate with summer, items associated with summer or anything else that reminds you of the sweet summertime, make a creation out of it and join in the fun!

For me, summer is the sweet long six-week holidays I get from work :) We break up next Thursday and I can't wait! When I was a kid the first week off would involve a trip to the sea-side and that's what inspired my creation:


I went with a very graphic interpretation of the sea with those chevrons LOL! I'll be off to the sea-side in Wales at some point in the holidays - you just can't beat a paddle in the sea :)

Card Deets
{Hello}
All Papertrey Ink Supplies Unless Stated
Stamps: Background Basics: Chevron Strips, Modern Basics (Sentiment)
Ink: Hawaiian Shores/Tuxedo Black (Memento Ink)
Cardstock: Lemon Tart, Stamper's Select White
Accessories: Orange Zest Vintage Buttons/Fine Line Black Pen (Letraset)/Chompy! (Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers)


Over to Kate: "Another CAS card from me - this time a bright invite to a summer party, I'm imagining a fun pool party except I don't have a pool!"

Stamps: A Day at the Beach, Polka Dot Basics
Card: Stamper's Select White, Hawai'in Shores
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Hawai'in Shores, Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: Raspberry Fizz ribbon, nestabilities

Over to Caryn:
Nothing says "Summer" to me more than Wimbledon - it kicks off the season for me and although my beloved Roger Federer didn't do all that well this year I still managed to catch a few matches and enjoyed the tournament immensely. As a wee nod to my favourite sporting even of the year I have made a card using the strawberry die and stamp set (Fruit Fusion: Strawberry). With a touch of lace and the gingham at the bottom (reminds me of pots of jam and picnics!!) this card does make me feel jolly summery.

{Recipe}
Stamps: Fruit Fusion: Strawberry, Background Basics: Gingham, Turning a New Leaf and Round And Round.
Ink: Pure Poppy, Spring Moss, Berry Sorbet
Patterned Paper: Pink Patterns Collection (for the scalloped strip)
Other: Lace trim, Strawberry die, medium scalloped border die, red gingham ribbon.

So are we feeling the summertime vibe? I hope so! Now before you come and jump in the pool of creativity with us - check out what one randomly selected European Peep could win:


Yup this sweet mini set, Whale Wishes could be yours!

Here are those all important deets:

* All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify (please state what is PTI as sometimes for us it's hard to tell :D)

* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post. Please leave the correct URL for your entry post and not just your generic blog address! If you're having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.

* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!

* Challenge closes on Monday, July 25th 2011 at 9.00am GMT

* As well as a randomly picked winner, we'll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.

We can't wait to see what you come up with!

Aimes, Kate & Caryn
xxx



1 comment:

Jenny said...

Great challenge, I've been stalking for a while and now finally took the plunge...now i have some PTI stash that is :)
Jenny x