Saturday 2 October 2010

Happy WCMD!

HAPPY WORLD CARD MAKING DAY, PEEPS!

Can I get a "woo hoo" for a day dedicated to this fabulous hobby of ours?! Not that we ever need an excuse to get inky, but it sure helps to have a reason to clear your schedule to play doesn't it?! *wink*

I haven't made anything yet today, but I hope by sharing this card I can solve the mystery of creating these shaped cards. Some of you have been asking how I make these and they're so easy once you know how!

Firstly, create a basic card base. (I started with a 5x5 card blank) Then you need to pick what shape you'd like your card to be; as you know, I'm a fan of my Labels One Nesties.

Now here's the most tricky part (and it's not that tricky); when you use your die, just leave a bit of space at the top so it won't cut through the fold at the top of your card base. Otherwise you'd just end up with two separate die cut shapes!


Run it through your die cutting machine. Now the top of your card base will be flat and not shaped but don't panic! To create the front cut a full shape out of your desired cardstock (on this example it's Scarlet Jewel) and attach it to the front!

Embellish as necessary and, Voila! Shaped card!


Hope that helps some of you who were wondering !

Wishing you all a very happy World Card Making Day and hoping you get time to get inky today!

Aimes
x

Card Deets
{Thank You}
Stamps: Turning a New Leaf, Background Basics: Text Style, Round and Round (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Lemon Tart, Spring Moss, Scarlet Jewel (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: Scarlet Jewel, Stamper's Select White
Accessories: Prima Flower/Glittery Brad/Cuttlebug/Nestabilities

12 comments:

Emma said...

Absolute genius - goodness! I can't tell you how I have pondered over how people get the full front to look the same when you don't cut it all in the bug?!!?

Such a pretty card and what a wonderful effect. Happy WCMD :D

~amy~ said...

okay...I'm like emma..soooo thank you for this fabbie tut! seriously! Your card is fabbie'licious too:)

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Oh qu'elle est belle, absolument splendide, très elegante!

Linby said...

Simples - when you know how - thanks Aimes. Linbyx

Marisa said...

This is fabulous!!

Isha Gupta said...

Lovely card and Great idea Aimes. Thanks. You solved the mystery I was struggling with :)

Chris said...

Happy cardmaking day to you both - and what a great card to celebrate it with!

Sue Ann said...

Does this work for blondes ?? I will have to try this ASAP ....... great thought because I HATE hooking the cricut up to design studio so I can have a shaped card!!! FAB GIRL!!! You deserve some Fluff for this~~

Inkyfingers said...

Thanks for the tutorial on this great idea. I'm off to see what dies I have!
Hugs
Carol x

Antje said...

What a clever idea! Thanks for sharing...

Huguenot Girl said...

Easy when you know how! Thanks for the top tip! Nx

Zgirl said...

Very cool...thanks for the tutorial. Now I can't wait to go home to try this out... Your card is beautiful. Naz