Friday 28 August 2009

The Results Are In...

Hey!

I'm back again with a card full of PTI goodness to share with you today!

The title of this post is the very reason why I had to make yet another masculine card (I've had to make way more than my fair share of 'em!)

Chris' (my long-term-dunno-how-he-puts-up-with-me bf) brother received his super A-Level results. He got all the grades he needed to get into his first choice of University so we'll all really happy for him! Cue the congratulatory card.....

Now I don't want to suggest that I have a favourite PTI set (for fear of upsetting my others - they have feelings too y'know!) but Star Prints really is an amazing set to have on hand for when I'm asked to make a card and my mind goes blank! I really like the fun bold colours to celebrate - I don't think it's too girly is it? I confess I managed to sneak some ribbon and paper piercing on it - I couldn't resist (Tee Hee!)

As part of my kick-start for this card, I based it on this Mojo sketch:
Well I hope you like it! Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you all have a wonderful bank holiday weekend - mine is gonna be busy with my own little (or not so little as he towers above me!) brother's birthday along with a BBQ, and a night out with friends. What are the chances of rain?! I have the feeling it's gonna be soggy sausages for me LOL!

Aimes
x

Card Recipe
Stamps: Star Prints/Fancy Flourishes

Ink: Summer Sunrise/Enchanted Evening/Fresh Snow
Card: Enchanted Evening/Summer Sunrise/Stampers Select White/Pure Poppy Bitty Box Basics

Accessories: Enchanted Evening Satin Ribbon/Cuttlebug/Nestabilities

11 comments:

Emma said...

Oh no not soggy sausages hee hee - you are so funny :D

You are are a demon on those pescky masculine cards - another beaut.

Have a groovy weekend,

Emma x

simplyfairies said...

Super duper, and well done BIL...

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) I am sure he will love this card ! :-)
Congratulations to Chris :-)

Luv
Lols x x

liszha said...

I absolutely love what you did with the sketch. Great job!

Susie Sugar said...

Wow this is stunning! Darling truly a work of art
Hugs Susie xx

Vicki said...

Oh just loving your card Aimes, I know where to come for inspiration on my masculine cards "Queen of the Man cards"!...lol

Hugs
Vicki x

Tina Spohn said...

Your card is very stylish, Amy. Congrats to Chris!

Hugs, Tina

Sheila said...

Hello Kate! You did it absolutly great with the sketch. Love the colors combo.
Regards from Spain

Ann said...

Ooo - I needed an idea for a 'Well Done' card for my niece and this is jut the job! You don't mind do you Kate - really like this project, especially the colour combo.

Geny said...

Just wonderful! I am in love with Star Prints too, I can't seem to put it down, it has earned a permanent spot on my craft desk!!

Amy said...

Great masculine card! I think the colors definitely keep it from feeling too girly (even with the ribbon and piercing). : ) And having the flourishes in circles -- that's so clever!