Saturday 22 August 2009

Butterflies..

Hello all - so sorry for the lack of posts over the past few weeks, I ended up extending my holiday so catching up on blogging has got rather delayed! I think I left my mojo somewhere on a mountain in Switzerland but hopefully over the next few days it'll come home!

Here's a little something I made before I went away - I've had some Spellbinder butterfly dies for ages and finally decided it was about time I used them:


Recipe: (All supplies Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated)

Stamps - Polka Dot Basics
Ink - Sweet Blush
Card - Stamper's Select White/Spring Moss
Other - Buttons (Spring Moss/Hibiscus Burst)/Spring Moss satin ribbon/Spellbinders butterfly dies/sewing machine/Cuttlebug/toy stuffing


I used the butterfly die to make the card base (making sure to keep a 'hinge' at the top), stitched around the edges and sewed on some buttons - very simple, but I like it :)

After I made it I decided to make a butterfly hanging decoration to match - using the same dies to cut through some white material and toy stuffing for the filling:


Hope everyone has a great weekend and don't forget to check back on Monday for a new challenge!

Kate x

17 comments:

Marna said...

OMG, that's fantastic!
Hugs from Slovenia, Marna

Tina Spohn said...

Kate, those butterflies are so beautiful, wow. These shapes are on my wishlist too and your butterflies tell me, I really need to have them.

Hugs, Tina

Maria said...

Those butterflies are so adorables !
hugs, Maria

Ann said...

I like this idea A LOT Kate - love anything butterflyish!

Emma said...

How pretty are these- what a wonderful gift and card combination :D

Hope you had a great holiday :D

Emma x

Joy said...

So pretty, lovely idea. Hope you enjoyed your holiday xx

Julie said...

Kate, what very cute butterfly set - so beautiful.
Take Care - Ju xx

Paper is BLISS said...

These are just brilliant. I've also had the butterfly die for a while and not been too sure what to do with it... you've given me the inspiration and I've made several. Did my first craft fair today and sold all of these! Thanks so much for the idea and sharing it with us!
Zoe

Alex said...

Love these Kate! You could make these into little smelly bags for your smalls drawer or hang in a wardrobe :)

Thanks for sharing, hope you're having a fab time.

Alex x

Vanessa said...

These are adorable!! Love butterflies!!
Hugs,
Vanessa

liszha said...

Absolutely adorable. I want to make one too. I love them.
Still have some gingham fabric that would do great.
Maybe I can put some lavender in it.
Thanks for the inspiration.

memory-scrap said...

Gorgeous butterflies, I do love those colours and your stitching is so neat! Great idea with the hanging decoration too. Don't worry about your mojo, it's been working so hard of late maybe it felt it needed a further extension on it's hols!! (either that or the airline lost it?!!) I'm sure it will be back in time for your next post, Love Jane xxx

PinksyDoodles said...

These are goregous Kate. The card is amazing - the stitching and buttons look great.
Clare x

Aimes said...

OMG Kate you're such a clever thing! Still amazingly jealous over your super stitching - I still have to pretend I intended mine to be wonky LOL!
Lovin' that die too - just one of a million spellbinders I NEED!
Have a super Sunday - guess you'll be watching the Ashes - ooh so tense!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had such a lovely holiday.

Love the butterflies Kate :-)

Given me an idea for Chrissy Pressies too - how about butterflies stuffed with lavender?

I am sure the mojo will be back before you know it

Bx

Caryn said...

Oh Kate these are fabulous - what a clever idea with the little hanging decoration too - lovely.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Vicki said...

Oh wow fab idea Kate, you could even put some smelly stuff inside!

Hugs
Vicki x