Tuesday 25 August 2009

PTI Blog Hop

Hey!

Eeek! My first post on the PTI Blog - how daunting! Seeing as I'm the new gal around here I hope you'll be gentle with me!

Firstly can I just thank everyone for being so welcoming towards me here on the PTI blog - I feel truly blessed to not only have the opportunity to be contributing here, but to be part of such a supportive community - big hugs to you all!!

Well seeing as I'm the kinda gal that throws herself into the deep end, I thought I would do the same with my first official post on here. So cue this post not only being a card, but a card that fits the current Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #15 as well as being a part of this month's PTI Blog Hop too!

I've never taken part in a Blog Hop before but I actually had time this month due to the long (and nearly ending!) summer holidays. I did consider participating in the blog hop on my own lil' blog but seeing as I'm hoping a lot of PTI addicts will stop by, this site seems much more suited to it!

Now if you're new to the idea of a blog hop - it's just as the name suggests, no need to be literally hopping LOL! You just hop from blog to blog to see people's creations based on a set challenge.

The PTI Blog Hop challenge this month was to create something inspired by autumn (or fall to you on the other side of the pond!). The current RSCC really screamed out autumn to me (well maybe not the pink so much as the other colours!) so I decided to multi-task and combine this with my blog hop entry too, here are this week's colours:
And finally - here's my creation!I hope you like it! I wanted it to represent autumnal leaves blowing through the wind. As a kid I used to (and still do!) love it when loadsa leaves are blowing towards you and you try to dodge 'em - ah the best things in life are free!

I double stamped a couple of my leaves to add more depth to the orange leaves (it's all about the Melon Berry, Baby!)This card sums up why I ADORE PTI, the stamp sets are SO versatile that you can create nearly anything when you combine them. With PTI, the world really is your oyster - your imagination is the only limit!

Well that's all from me now - how did I do on my first post?!

Thanks so much for hopping by - now I'm off to do a spot of hopping myself!

Aimes
x

Recipe: (All Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated)
Stamps - Remember/Fancy Flourishes
Ink - Melon Berry/ Whispers Sage Shadow/Hibiscus Burst
Card - Vintage Cream/Spring Moss/Melon Berry
Other - Vintage Button (Melon Berry)/Vintage Cream Ribbon/Rustic Cream Twine/Cuttlebug/Nestabilities/Corner Punch

71 comments:

Karen said...

Great card, I love it, it looks like windswept leaves.

Taheerah said...

I love the appearance of leaves in the breeze Aimes! Autumn is hard to do when you don't have any Autumn-specific stuff isn't it?!!

This also reminds me that I really need to get creating for Dawn's challenge - I got one of every coloured cardstock with this month's order so no excuse not to take part now!!

sugacatz said...

Aimes, I am totally blown away by this card. It is absolutely stunning. Fantastic!!! Lesley

Heidi said...

Aimes this card is fantastic!

Deb C said...

WOW, wow, wow!!! I love it! You are SO creative. I would never in a million years have thought to use a flourish as wind.

Awesome card!

Emma said...

Whoot, whoot - yay Aimes and what an amazing first official post. Your cards along with your creativity get more inspirational with every project :D

Night, night sweetie,

Emma x

Scrapping Julie said...

wow this is really great!!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

I think I've already seen this, but must not have posted. Great job, love the leaves on the swirls!

AKiteFlier said...

Beautiful - love the "blowing leaves" - you captured the essence wonderfully. Nice job with the color challenge, too.

Traveling Mama said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the swirls and the colors went great with this too!

Laurel Beard said...

As usual, I am always so incredibly blown away by you ladies! This card is no exception!

Anonymous said...

beautiful leaves!!

Lori Y. said...

Great card! The leaves really do look like they are blowing in the wind.

Amy said...

What a great idea! The swirling leaves are such a great image for autumn. Looking forward to seeing more of your work on this blog!

Rebecca said...

I love how you pulled of an autumn card using the color challenge. The leaves do look like they are swirling in the wind. I love it!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love using the flourish as the wind. Such a great idea I know I will be looking to that in the future. You sure did bring the warmth of autumn to mind.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous!! Love the beautiful colours! Those leaves blowing are beautiful!

Cammie said...

Aimes, with your talent and creativity you don't come across as the new kid on the block. Your card is beautiful!

Linda said...

Lovely Aimes. You certainly achieved what you were aiming for. Welcome to the Blog Hop. Looking forward to many more contributions.

Jamie said...

Great card! I love the flourish with the leaves!

Maile Belles said...

You did fabulous!!! I love this card, what a great and creative idea!!

ChristineCreations said...

What a lovely feeling of falling leaves! So pretty!

Traci M said...

Love those bold colors of leaves...and it definitely makes me feel like fall is on its way!!

Caryn said...

Hi Aimes - what a great start to your time here and a fabulous card to boot. The swirls look fabulous with the leaves - very autumnal indeed.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Sue P. said...

What a great card. I love how you added the leaves to the flourishes!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, positively fantastic. I dig everything about it. GREAT JOB! ---teri

Janelle said...

Brilliant! Love the way you used the flourish as the wind. So clever. Just LOVE it!

Melissa said...

Very clever! Love the flourish blowing the wind...great job!

Lori said...

Oh WOW Aimes, this card is so pretty!!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Love the whimsical look! Very pretty! :) TFS

Catherine (DancingPearDesigns) said...

Aimes...this is just beautiful! I love the swirly leaves...and the colors!

Chris said...

omg! this is gorgeous!!

Kristina said...

You completely captured the feeling of leaves in the wind! Perfectly done!

Marcie Sharp said...

Great combination of the colour challenge and the blog hop! Love it!

Regan said...

that is really pretty

Lacey said...

Very cute!! What a great idea.
~Lacey
www.handstampedbylacey.typepad.com

Liz said...

Love it, Aimes! And congrats on your new "job" on the blog!

B said...

So cool! Love the windswept leaves!

Michelle said...

I am not a fan of Melon Berry -- but I love the way you made it pop here...the shimmer on your flowers (or leaves?) is very nice too.

peggysue said...

Welcome to your first hop, how pretty! Great job on the challenge to create a Fall card, I can "see" the leaves swirling in my yard already!

Steph said...

Great job on your card!! I'm a first-timer tonight too, ha ha.

Sandy said...

That is a great use of the stamp sets. I would not have thought of using the Remember set for this. I love the colors!

Amy said...

This is great! I love the look you've achieved here.

Kristie Larsen said...

this is gorgeous! I LOVE the pop of orange on that green. very wonderful and SO fall!

Leora said...

Welcome to the hop. I LOVE your card!!!

Leora

Antje said...

Great colors,hehe - I chose the same, they stand for me so much for autumn. Love your swirl of leaves, just like a real fall brize, full of leaves - great card!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

The swirls with the leaves look so pretty! Great job!

Deanna said...

Wow, your first one? You rocked it! Beautiful!

Amanda said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors together and they do kind of seem fall-ish to me too! Nicely done!

{PurpleD} said...

How darling! Using the flourish with the leaves is a brilliant idea!

Heather P. said...

Soooo fabulous!!!

Terri said...

I am glad you were able to join us this month. Nice job on the card. Congrats on being asked to help run this blog too. I am sure you will do a great job.

BethieJ said...

Aimes this card is BEAUTIFUL!!! So happy you got to join us for you 1st hop tonite! (arent they FUN!!)

Kim Faucher said...

so very pretty.. I love the colors!

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

Way to think outside the box! This is a beautiful card! :)

Britta Swiderski said...

Gorgeous! I really want to participate in the blog hop next time around- this is so fun and inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

Fabulous! I love the look of the leaves blowing in the wind!

Susan said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!! I love the whimsical feel to it.

IamDerby said...

This is beautiful...the flourish reminds me of wind

Mara Campbell said...

Wow!!! I love this, it's gorgeous!

Natasha said...

So pretty!!

Tina Spohn said...

Your hoppin´ card is so gorgeous, Amy! I can almost catch the leaves while they fly to me through the screen. Absolutely lovely!

By the way, nobody would think this is your first official post here. Very professional, girl! :)

Hugs, Tina

Ann said...

You did just great Aimes and just look at all those comments - a budding PTI professional I think!

Joy said...

A beautiful interpretation of leaves blowing in the wind xx

Kim Costello said...

Wonderful Aimes, love the leaves and swirls and I can't believe I missed the hop I've been meaning to take part in like forever. HuGs Kim :)

Unknown said...

You done Good Aimes!

Love the card and welcome to Passion for Papertrey!

With the weater we are having here it may as well be autumn - bring on the leaves!

Bx

Maria L. said...

What a wonderful first blog hop for you, Aimes. Love the falling leaves. Great card!

Toni said...

wow Aimes its fabulous a gorgeous card

Saxo Stamper said...

Well Aimes, you did us proud, what a lovely post and it is very autumnal in the south of england today UGH, I hate that back end feel that has been sneaking up for a few weeks now - I do love autumn though, the smells and the amazing colours.... not the dark nights and rain though

K x

Vicki said...

Oh you did just fine on your first post Aimes, and your card is fabalicious!

Hugs
Vicki x

Margaret Anne Clark said...

Love it! Well done you ! xx