Saturday 31 October 2009

Happy Halloween!

BOO!
Did I scare ya?! LOL! Probably not but I was never good at tricking - I'm more of a treater than a trickster!

Talking of treats, my nieces and nephews should be in receipt of these treats today that I rustled up over the last week:Now I'm no Lauren Meader but I have to say I'm secretly proud that I managed to design this template myself so it held just the right amount of treats in! It's like a small popcorn box. Once I'd designed it on the PC, it was simply a matter of print onto PTI card, decorate and stick together! One thing I'd recommend is that you print the template onto the bitty dot basics paper too rather than trying to be frugal and use scraps - it took bloomin' ages to measure, cut and find scraps big enough!

Now there's no PTI stamps on these sweet treats, but all the basic supplies are PTI so I thought I'd share them with ya:

Orange Zest, Plum Pudding and True Black for the ghoularific gals:White, True Black and Orange Zest for the gruesome guys:
And a little scare and treat on the inside of each one:
Box Recipe
Cardstock: Orange Zest, Stampers Select White, True Black, Bitty Dot Basics in True Black & Plum Pudding
Accessories:
Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Halloween Die, Nestabilities, Orange Zest Polka Dot Ribbon, Orange Zest Button, White Button Twine, Velcro Dots, Promarkers, White Gel Pen, Chocolate Treats!

That's all for today! If you want the template to play with at all just get in touch either via comment or email - I'd be more than happy to share the creativity!

Oooh and remember there's still time to enter our Current Challenge - Goin' Dotty...!

Hope y'all have a Spooktacular Halloween!

Aimes
x

13 comments:

sugacatz said...

Hi Aimes, These are all fab. Your neices and nephews will love you all the more! I would love a copy of your template for these. Also i modified my christmas cards. I like them so much better. Thanks for the advice. You are a star! Lesley

Mandy said...

These are great little treat boxes Amy, I bet your nieces and nephews love them. Lauren Meader watch out !!!

Mandy

Rachele Funk said...

Seriously cute little box! Of course I would LOVE the template. . . my email is rachelefunk@hotmail.com. I can already see these for my Thanksgiving Blessing Mix Place Cards! HOW CUTE!

Judith said...

They are fab, Lauren better watch out x

christine said...

Love the boxes. I am trying to figure out a gift box for our clients at Thanksgiving. I want to put cookies in them. Maybe I can adapt your box to a bigger size. I enjoy your blog. My email is cplaxco143@gmail.com. Thanks

cheryl said...

gosh these are brilliant so bright and cheerful love cheryl xx

Ann said...

How clever is that Aimes - I'm really impressed with the template! Love those little boxes and I bet the Trick or Treaters did too!

Vicki said...

Oh Aimes these are Yummy! I bet they'll love them, they get so excited when they don't know what's in them!

Hugs
Vicki x

Rebecca said...

These are very cute. And I love the button that you put on the front. If you woudn't mind sharing the template, my address is: rjones2004@kellogg.northwestern.edu

Thanks!
Rebecca

Alex said...

Fantastic box and goodies Aimes :) hope they enjoyed their treats!

Would love this template if you don't mind.

Have a good week.

Alex x

GEMMA said...

Hi Aimes. Those boxes are so cute, I love the design and the decoration - I bet your nieces and nephews loved them! If you don't mind sharing the template I'd be happy to receive it - I have little ideas in my head already (when I'll actually get time to create is another story!) Gem x

Isabel Z said...

These are absolutely delightful and I would definitely be in line to receive one if I were a niece. I would love the template--isabelzito at verizon dot net. A million thanks!

Anonymous said...

I would love this template, just what I am looking for as I need something for 40 of my husband's co-workers Christmas gifts.