Saturday 11 September 2010

No rounded corners...

Happy Saturday, Peeps!

So the first week back at work is over and it feels like I've never been away! Shame I had to get a horrid cold though that started even before I headed back on Monday! It was an experience to remember to have no voice on the first day with the students! LOL!

But enough sniffling, coughing and spluttering from me; I have a card to share:

I'm thinking of giving this for my nephew's birthday (he'll be 11) but not sure if that flourish is too girly....mind you, do most 11 year old boys notice anything about cards?! Surely it's all about the present, right?!

I can't claim credit for the layout of this card, it was CASED from a creation from Mariana Grigsby! It's definitely a layout I'll be using again - I love it!

Oh, and if you're wondering why there are no rounded corners on this card; my corner punch died on me :o( I know this card is begging for some rounded corners but lucky for me, the tragedy gave me the perfect excuse to buy a Corner Chomper! Now if I manage to break that baby, I know I've done something horribly wrong! LOL!

Aimes
x

P.S The deadline for payment for our PTI Make and Take was yesterday. As we're ordering the supplies we'll need today, we really require your payment if you haven't paid yet! Thank you to those of you who have paid! x x

Card Deets
{Wish Big}
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Fancy Flourishes, Star Prints
Ink: Versamark/Papertrey Ink - Smokey Shadow/
Card: Papertrey Ink - Smokey Shadow/Soft Stone/Pure Poppy/Hawaiian Shores
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Papertrey Ink - Impression Plate Polka Dots, Simply Chartreuse Grosgrain Ribbon/Detail White EP

9 comments:

Laurie said...

I absolutley adore this card! The color combo is FAB! Did you cut those stars out by hand or do you have the punch? They look perfect!! Love this!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Qu'est ce que j'aime, ta carte est tout simplement superbe Aimes!!
Bisous

Jen Carter said...

This is great!! I love your version! And, I don't think it is missing any rounded corners at all! I think it looks great just the way it is!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this card!!!!

Ann said...

It's a fab Aimes but I fear you are right about the birthday boy only being interested to see if there is cash inside (how do I know!) - but you'll love the corner chomper - I love mine.

Om oss said...

Really nice card, I´ll be using your idea!!! thank you for the inspiration

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, Aimes! And now GO get the Corner Chomper and you'll never look back! What an amazing tool it is!

Geny said...

Love this card and yes, that layout is fab!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh you used your favorite set (mine too)--Star Prints!! This layout and color combo is wonderful!