Tuesday 14 September 2010

A holiday tree is not just for Christmas...


Happy Tuesday! Can't quite believe it's only Tuesday....I'm already thinking about the weekend LOL! Guess that's what happens when you're back at work and finding hardly any time for inky therapy!

So with this in mind, I've tried my hand at making a couple of 3x3 cards. Not only do they use half the precious PTI supplies that my normal cards take, but they're pretty quick to make, make great use of scraps and look sweet too (well sweet IMHO!)

Notice that rounded corner? *wink* My new corner chomper has arrived! Yay!

With reference to the title of today's post, I've being playing with my Holiday Tree set. I love the versatility of that tree - suitable for any season with a splash of colouring I think! I couldn't resist dabbling with autumnal colours; on my drives to work I've noticed the leaves are starting to turn, it's getting windy and the car park is a hazard zone with conkers encased in their spiky homes falling prematurely from the trees!

Aimes
x

Card Deets
{just a note}

Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Holiday Tree, Daily Designs Sentiments)
Card: Papertrey Ink (Kraft)
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Accessories: Corner Chomper/Promarkers/Fineline Pen

9 comments:

Cathygel said...

Simple and so nice card ... I love it!

Anonymous said...

Love the simple idea of this card . Would work just as well as a 4 x 4 or even a rectangle me thinks.
x Tricia

natty said...

Oh that is lovely, I recently rediscovered my holiday tree set since it didn't really arrive in time for Christmas last year. LOL
And it looks like the next thing I need is a corner chomper.... ;o)

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

What a cutie Aimes, loving that cornered edge ;)
Katie x

Emma said...

Gosh Aimes - this is card is just so darn gorgeous!! How lush are the red hues on the tree - so pretty :D

Om oss said...

really nice card!! That stampset is a must have. Love it!!

Agnieszka said...

less is more! :) Love it!

Beebeebabs said...

Cute card!!!

Jen Carter said...

Adorable! Love the CAS card!