Monday 20 September 2010

Hip to be Square!

Hey everyone, and welcome to another Passion for Papertrey challenge!

So are you feeling hip and cool this week? We hope so because we know what's hip don't we.... yep, being square! Ok, so we're not asking you to stop being the trendy stamping ladies that we know you are (!) - but to come up with a card or project that features squares. You can be as innovative as you like, or, if you can't come up with much, how about simply making a square card?!

I may have gone a bit overboard with the squares on my card - I'm not even sure how many there are on it! I used my Monogram Borders and Corners set which I haven't used for years, and kept the design pretty simple:




Recipe:

Stamps - Borders & Corners Monogram Edition/Star Prints
Card - Stamper's Select White/Aqua Mist
Ink - Memento black
Other - star punch(SU)/black pen

Over to Aimes
"OK, I'll 'fess up - I'm a bit of a geek so being square comes easy to me LOL! But geek is chic, right? So after squaring it up in my crafty corner, here's what I've come up with:

Hope you can see my square elements! I've taken a little creative licence with my square card base courtesy of Chompy (my corner chomper) but there's also squares on the bitty box basics DP too to make up for it *wink*

The clouds were created by using a negative die cut as a stencil and sponging Fresh Snow ink over it. I kinda like the effect!
"

Card Deets
{Soaring by to say Hi}

Stamps: Everyday Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink)/Rich Cocoa (Memento)/Antique Linen (Distress Ink)
Card: Kraft,Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Spring Rain Bitty Box Basics (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Cloud Die, Spring Button Mix, Jute Ribbon Twine (Papertrey Ink)/Cuttlebug/Nestabilities


And as our featured stamper for September, here's Margaret!

"So, squares, eh?? COME ON, PEOPLE !! This is an easy challenge! See if you can top my record number of 4 entries for a previous one !! I'll start you off by having made 2 for my featured stamper position (OK, I was totally putting off doing my planning/marking...!)

This first card was so easy - it uses 4 images from Sign Language, inked in variegated blues on a folded ribbon background. You could so churn these out for that smug, handmade Christmas feeling, and there are enough images on Sign Language for this card to be your go-to quickie for any occasion.

Second card was a little more complex - only because I don't have the new Framed set (my birthday is at the end of this month, if anyone wants to enable me !!) The images are from Masculine Motifs (just how versatile is this set !!) and the sentiment from Autumn Abundance. I dipped the edges of the panels in Versamark and then gold embossed them for definition. The border was drawn with a Versamark pen and gold embossed as well.


So folks, I throw you an additional challenge (no additional prize - I'm cheap !!) Could you make more than one entry for this challenge ? Remember, using a square card counts, square punch, heck, there are loads of Q+L (Quick and Lazy - my trademark ) ways to be a square!"


So you ready to play along? Here are the deets:

*All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify

* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post. Please leave the correct URL for your entry post and not just your generic blog address! If you're having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.

* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!

* Challenge closes on Monday, October 4th 2010 at 9.00am GMT

* A winner will be chosen at random to receive this stamp set!:





In addition to this, we'll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.

We can't wait to see what you come up with!

Kate, Aimes & Margaret xxx




11 comments:

Hanneke van der Linde said...

That's a great challenge!

Saxo Stamper said...

Brilliant challenge and love the cards

K

Emma said...

Looking mighty fine ladies - love, love, love all the sqaures ;D

Om oss said...

Really fun challenge, I just love squares!!

Daniela F. said...

Great challenge! Love your samples, ladies :)

Inkyfingers said...

Now that gives us plenty to think about! Gorgeous samples ladies.
Carol x

Vannessa said...

Lovely samples as always girls!

I've having issues with the inlinkz thingy - it won't select my picture from my blog and comes up with invalid file when I try to upload directly from my laptop so here's the link instead!

http://saffiresstamping.blogspot.com/2010/09/september-2010-papertrey-ink-blog-hop.html

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wonderful work, girls! I swear I wanted to try harder and include more squares on my sample, but somehow I ended up having a rectangle panel... the card is still square, though! :)

Karen M said...

Could hardly wait for my Framed set to arrive so I could do this challenge and hooray!! it came today, just in time. Absolutely love your challenges - they are so achievable!

Ginger Claire said...

Another square lover here. I could have entered half a dozen cards in the last week but I wanted to make a square card and put squares on it especially for you girls xxx

Isha Gupta said...

Lovely challenge. Wish I had more time to play...