Welcome to a fabulous new challenge here on A Passion for Papertrey! We hope you're ready to throw some shapes and incorporate some geometric elements to your paper-crafting projects this fortnight; we want to see simple geometric forms such as circles, rectangles, triangles etc...stealing the spotlight of your designs.
For my own project I opted to play with circles. A circular stamp of circles from Daily Designs was my inspiration point:
Stamps: Daily Designs, Wonderful Words Additions (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: London Fog, Memento Black (Tuxedo)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Simply Chartreuse (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Simply Chartreuse Buttons (Papertrey Ink)/Twine (Pink Paislee)
I couldn't resist adding some scrummy simply chartreuse buttons to continue the circular theme on this tiny 3x3 card *wink*
Over to Kate:
"I loved making this card - I used my Tranquillity Trilogy set and dies for the first time and loved them. I was going to go for a triangle but ended up going for a hexagon, it was so satisfying fitting it together! I decided to keep it simple and stick to a monochromatic card, can't go wrong with Ripe Avocado for a Christmas card!"
Stamps: Tranquillity Trilogy
Ink: Ripe Avocado, Versafine black
Card: Stamper's Select White/Ripe Avocado
Other: Double Ended Banner Dies/gems
Over to Caryn..
As promised it's another Christmas card from me! I started to look for geometric shapes in my PTI sets and of course the triangle banners from Banner Builder immediately popped out at me! I started with a kraft card base (my favourite kind at the moment) paired it with Pure Poppy card and some patterned paper from the Rustic snowflakes collection. It's not that easy to see in the photo but I added a good sprinkling of red glitter to the flags, the edge of the card and the sentiment (from Big and Bold Holiday sentiments). Another one to tick off my list!
Ready to get jiggy with geometric elements? We hope so! Up for grabs for one randomly selected European peeps is this mini stamp set:
Be sure to check out our deets before playing along!
* All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify (please state what is PTI as sometimes it's hard to see :D)
* All entries must be newly created (well, new to Blogland anyways!). Please don't link to old posts that might happen to fit the brief of the challenge!!
* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post. Please leave the correct URL for your entry post and not just your generic blog address! If you're having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.
* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!
* Challenge closes on Monday, October 17th 2011 at 9.00am GMT
* As well as a randomly picked winner, we'll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.
We can't wait to see what you come up with!
Aimes, Kate & Caryn
all gorgeous girls, love them all.
Love this challenge and the fabulous inspiration, girls!
Post a Comment