Sunday 6 February 2011
Tag - you're it!
Firstly apologies that our linky thingy was no longer available for you peeps cutting it close to our deadline for the last challenge. Thanks for leaving your links in the comments section for us! We do know of the extra entries that were entered after it decided to be naughty don't worry, you'll be included when we draw a winner and decide on our Top 3 :)
How about we start over again with a new challenge and hopefully with a linky tool that works (fingers crossed!)?! Sounds like a fun idea to me! So for this fortnight's challenge we wanna see your fabulous takes on gift tags!
I fancied making a tag suitable for any one of the guys in my family (both young and old!) and also wanted to show you that you can play Tag too even if you don't have a tag-shaped die:
I simply used the Mat Stack 1 Die, punched a hole and set an eyelet in the top - voila! A tag! It actually felt good to use one of the many thousands of eyelets I've hoarded from an era when they were popular LOL! Oooh and a bit of masking on my "Dude You Rock!" sentiment stamp provides the shortened sentiment and gives even more value for money on a sweet stamp :D
Stamps: Fancy Flourishes, Star Prints, Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: Ocean Tides
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)/Versamark
Patterned Paper: Pure Poppy Bitty Box Basics
Accessories: True Black Vintage Button, Jute Ribbon Twine
And now over to Caryn....
Hey everyone, are you all enjoying the anniversary celebrations so far on Nichole's blog? Yesterday there was a free download of some cute tags created by each of PTI's stamp designers - did you get it?? Well, I urge you to go grab it, there's some gorgeous images on there, one of which I have used here on my tag. This one is from Heather Nichols. Kate and Aimes will probably be rolling their eyes at me (wink) for using Pure Poppy again but it literally goes with just about everything (not sure about Melon Berry - haven't tried that combo....). I have used Polka Dot Basics II and embossed it with clear powder on the background and coloured the flower on the image in with a red ProMarker as the original is Melon Berry and I wanted it red!!
And here's a close up!
Free anniversary download
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics II, Banner Builder
Cardstock: Spring Moss, Pure Poppy.
Ink: Pure Poppy
Other: Pure Poppy dating dots ribbon, Pure Poppy bakers twine, Promarker
For my tags I played around with one of my favourite colour combos - kraft and aqua mist - some new dies and some felt.
All the PTI dies make tag-making so fun!!
These parcels are going to two very special ladies who deserve a special tag, and I'm definitely going to be making more tags in the future!
Finally, as our featured stamper for February, here's Imke's fabulous tag:
I think you'll agree that this one amazing tag!
So ready to play 'Tag'?! I hope so! Up for grabs for one randomly selected peep will be this Fillable Frames #11 stamp set:
But before you dash - here are those all important deets:
* All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify (please state what is PTI as sometimes for us it's hard to tell :D)
* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post (be aware that we've had a few niggles with it!). Please leave the correct URL for your entry post and not just your generic blog address! If you're having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.
* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!
* Challenge closes on Monday, February 21st 2011 at 9.00am GMT
* As well as a randomly picked winner, we'll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.
Tag! You're it!
Aimes, Caryn, Kate & Imke