Tuesday 17 August 2010

Faithful Stars!

Happy Tuesday!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! We, (my guy and me) went to visit his family to celebrate two birthdays - both were guy birthdays and although I had one card in my stash that I considered suitable for a teenager, I had to start from scratch to make a card for his Dad!!!

I find Dads so hard to create for, on the one hand I know they won't be rude and criticise anything I make for them, they'll be appreciative whatever I make for them! But I always want them to really 'like' the card I make for them - KWIM?

So I sat for a while just thinking, then sighed in defeat as I just grabbed my Star Prints set and got busy:
I always grab this set for guy cards, it's almost a defeatist option for me! I think I need another guy stamp set seeing as the females in my family are pretty outnumbered by the guys.

Now the card I've made is kinda simple and I think it's the only guy card I've made which features a bow on it but I hope it's not too girly!

Thanks for stopping by - you know there's still plenty of time to enter our current challenge if you're not doing anything this week *wink*

Aimes
x

Card Deets
{It's Your Day}
Stamps: PTI - Star Prints/Practicing Creativity Designs - For the Love of Dots
Ink: PTI - Spring Rain,Spring Moss/Versamark/Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Cardstock: PTI - Vintage Cream, Kraft
Paper: PTI - Spring Moss Bitty Box Basics
Accessories: PTI -Jute Ribbon Twine/Cuttlebug/Nestabilities /Corner Rounder

8 comments:

Lousette said...

Oh my, I LOVE this card - definitely going into my library for inspiration. I find boy cards so hard (just had to make one myself too).

G Peplow said...

Hi this is great, perfect for a chap, wonderful inspiration, Thank you:D xx

i'm with the band said...

I love this! I think I will have to copy! =D

Diane Jaquay said...

I LOVE this card Aimes!! Love how you punched the circles under the stars, it's little extra touches like that that always make a card stand out!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Oh my Aimes....how much do I love this card? MEGA loads, fab idea for a male card. I love how you have quite a bit of detail but it still looks very subtle :)
Clever girl you :)
Katie x

Emma said...

This is truly breath taking - you are so talented :D

Amy Kolling said...

OMG....I love this cards simple layout but with one extra thing....the circle cutouts behind the stars! I am going to CASE this for sure because I am always looking for new ways to use my favorite "guy" set!

Chris said...

I'm loving this Aimes - a friend is bringing some stash over in a few weeks tine and I've ordered this stamp set - can't wait to get my hands on it and try out a card like yours!