So it's time to set another challenge here on A Passion for Papertrey - it comes round quickly doesn't it?!
Before we get to the challenge I wanted to share a photo with you. It's not often that Aimes and I get to meet up in person, but this past weekend was one such occasion! We met up with our blogging buddies (and fellow PTI fans!) Steph and Caryn for a girlie weekend - shopping, cocktails, and Eclipse.... such a fun weekend!
So here we are, the two Passion for Papertrey gals, in matching outfits no less!! (We were trying the same top on!)
With our weekend in mind, we thought we'd ask you to think about your special friends and make a card for one of them. There is something so special about receiving a card from a friend for no other reason than they are thinking of you! So our challenge is to create a friendship card, using at least one Papertrey Ink product.
For mine I used the super adorable Enjoy the Ride set, and matching die. I paper pieced part of the cars (very flower power don't you think!) with the gorgeous Beautiful Blooms papers, and coloured the rest with Copics. I'm in love with these cars!!
Stamps: Enjoy the Ride, Friends til the End
Ink: Memento black
Card: Stamper's Select White/Hawaiin Shores/Pure PoppyPapers: Beautiful Blooms
Other: Enjoy the Ride die/Rik Rack die/Copic Sketch markers
Over to Aimes:
"Seemed kinda fitting to have a friendship theme for our challenge this fortnight seeing as Kate and I had spent a fabulous girlie weekend together along with our other fabulous crafty friends, Caryn and Steph! For my sample, I decided to get comfy with my On My Couch set and On My Couch Additions. I just luuuuuurve those sets to play with; in fact I had so much fun that I made not one card, but two!Before you think I have some XL size stamps, these cards are a sweet lil' 2.5 x 4.25 inches big! I went for a subtle chair this time, stamped with Versamark which allowed me to stamp my sentiment over the top. The sentiment was orginally a long line of text but I just inked up each word at a time to create the lines of text.
I love these little cards - you use way less supplies on 'em with the added bonus that if you chop a PTI envie in half and stitch/glue the open sides together you'll create an envie for each card outta just the one envie! Just gotta love that!"
Once again our randomly drawn winner will receive this fabulous stamp set, Fly Away:
Are you ready to play along?! Here's the deets:
* All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify
* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post. If you're having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.
* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!
* Challenge closes on Monday, August 9th 2010 at 9.00am GMT
* A winner will be chosen at random to receive some PTI goodies! In addition to this, we'll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.
Kate & Aimes xx