Tuesday 1 June 2010

June's Featured Stamper!

June is here, Peeps! I've no idea where the months are zooming to so fast but it's a new month so you know what that means here on the PTI blog....time for a new Featured Stamper!

We'd like to thank Marinette for being May's featured stamper - we've loved her samples she created for our challenges! Merci, Marinette!

Without further ado, let's introduce June's featured stamper who is....



Chris has been a long supporter of our PTI blog and we're delighted that she agreed to be our featured stamper for this month!

We gave Chris the same toughie interview questions to get to know her a little better:

1)How did you get into papercrafting?
I took voluntary redundancy from a company I had been working at for 24 years and decided to take the summer off before starting a job hunt. My daughter Fliss said she’d like to learn to make cards so I searched for a class we could do together. We ended up at Blade Rubber Stamps in London at a class run by the fantastic Susie Jefferson and I was hooked! By the time she went back to school in the Autumn she had lost interest but I have carried on since.

2)How long have you been stamping for?
That class was 5 years ago and I’ve been stamping ever since - it’s gone so quickly and my bank account is much lighter!

3)How did you get into PTI and why do you love it so much?
While looking for inspiration on SplitCoastStampers I kept seeing this chatter about a new stamp company which was coming called Papertrey Ink - as soon as the first stamp set came out I just loved the simplicity of the sets and most of all how much I enjoyed stamping with acrylic stamps. I don’t think there is another company out there that produces such quality stamps, paper ribbon etc.

4)What would you say is your stamping style?
Style is so hard to define that I find that a really hard question, so I’ll go with what others say about my work – clean and elegant!

5)Do you have a favourite PTI colour or colour combo that just makes you drool?
I get through Aqua Mist and Spring Moss the most but I dribble more over Raspberry Fizz!

6)If you had to choose just one PTI stamp set to keep, which one would it be and why?
It has to be Friends Till the End – I can colour it, cut it out, use it as a background stamp - the possibilities are endless. Of course it’s a flower set too which are my favourites.

7)Who is your PTI Idol?
It has to be Debbie Olson – she is a constant source of inspiration and her Copic marker work is just fantastic.
8)Where do you get your inspiration from?
I love hopping through the PTI DT’s blogs but most of my inspiration starts with a sketch so I turn to Mojo Monday to give me a kick start.

9)What’s your stamping dream?
It’s a simple dream really – to have more time to stamp! With a busy career and a family to care for, I snatch my stamping time from thin air! Oh and I dream of a craft room to stamp in!

10)Where can we go to check out more of your wonderful creations?
Thanks so much, Chris! We're so looking forward to seeing Chris' work here on our blog and we're sure you are too!

Aimes and Kate
xx

9 comments:

Karen H. said...

Congrats Chris!!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Congratulations Chris!!! Love your work and great to see it recognised! :) xxx

Galina Varese said...

Well done Chris on being a June's featured stamper! You have such a distinctive style!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Congratulations Chris, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Katie x

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Bravo Chris c'est une superbe mise à l'honneur, j'ai bien hâte de voir tes jolies créations

Margaret C said...

Oh I love Chris's work !!

Tilly said...

Wonderful! Congrats Chris. Another one of your fans here adding my cheers and clapping! xxx

Daniela F. said...

Congrats Chris! I know and love your work from the challenges here and can't wait to see more :-)

Unknown said...

Whoo hoo!!! Congratulations to you Chris! What an honor!!!!!