Tuesday 3 May 2011

Challenge: A Sketch!

Hello all, hope you had a fabulous weekend and enjoyed the extra days off - woo hoo! Everything is starting to go back to normal now (humph) so to cheer us all up here is a new challenge to sink your teeth into!

Thanks to Caryn for the first time here on A Passion for Papertrey we are giving you a sketch to follow! It's pretty simple and don't forget you can interpret it in any way you wish. As always you need to use at least one PTI product to be eligible for the prize.

So here is the sketch:


And here is my take on it - I stayed pretty close to the design, using a yummy colour combo of aqua, cream and red :)




Recipe: (PTI unless otherwise stated)
Stamps: Birthday Bash Sentiments/Friends 'Til the End
Ink: Memento black
Card: Pure Poppy/Vintage Cream/ Library Ledger paper
Other: Labels One dies (Spellbinders)/Copic Sketch Markers/Aqua Mist saddle-stitch ribbon/Rustic Twine/Aqua Mist button


Over to Caryn ...


"I used a mix of Spring Moss and Pure Poppy (yum) and the focal point image comes from Blooming Button Bits. The buttons actually came off an old dress belonging to one of my girls!!! I stamped the sentiment from Mega Mixed Messages onto some off-white ribbon I had in my stash and used some off-cuts of paper from the Rustic Snowflakes paper pad."

And here's Aimes:
"Y'know I love a sketch challenge to kick-start the creative mojo - I find I get a little stuck in a rut otherwise, sticking to the same layouts all the time! For this sketch I flipped the stripes and moved the circular shape slightly to create a super-bright (well, it's bright IRL!) birthday card:

Card Deets
{BIG birthday wishes}
Stamps: Birthday Bash Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, True Black, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Lemon Tart, Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores, Plum Pudding (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities/True Black Vintage Buttons and True Black Grosgrain Ribbon (Papertrey Ink)


I'm not sure if you can tell on the pic, but three buttons are peeking from behind the sentiment. :) And the best part about this card? It was created mainly from my scraps of coloured cardstock - bonus!"


And here is our fabulous May Featured Stamper, Jen...

“I really enjoyed working with this sketch and I couldn't resist pulling out one of my favorite color combinations, pure poppy & aqua mist with a neutral mixed in. I also couldn't resist adding a little yellow too. This color combo has always drawn me in and I love working with it! The patterned paper is from one of my favorite PTI pads, Bitty Box Basics (I would LOVE to have this paper in all the PTI colors!!) and the border strips were die cut with the Simple Circles border die which is quickly becoming a favorite die because it is so versatile! Throw in a Parisian Lace doily and some paper flowers and you have a fairly quick and simple card!”


And what is up for grabs this week? A fabulous 'Fly Away' mini PTI set!





Here's the boring bit...

* All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify (please state what is PTI as sometimes for us it's hard to tell :D)

* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post (be aware that we've had a few niggles with it!). Please leave the correct URL for your entry post and not just your generic blog address! If you're having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.

* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!

* Challenge closes on Monday, May 16th 2011 at 9.00am GMT

* As well as a randomly picked winner, we'll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.

Looking forward to seeing all your fabulous sketch interpretations!
Kate, Aimes, Caryn & Jenxxxx



5 comments:

Uhooi said...

The cards are very creative, funny and very nice,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Brilliant sketch girls and look at all that scrumptious inspiration!
Gorgeous!
Katie x

MY Creative Brightside said...

these are so cute!

~amy~ said...

fabbie cards ladies...thanks for the inspiration...love the sketch challenge!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great inspiration from the DT ladies! I'm glad I had chance to play along - fun sketch ;)
Thanks, hugs, Ruth S