Tuesday 17 May 2011

Challenge - Inspired by a song!

Hello folks and welcome to a new challenge for all you PTI fans to play along with. It was lovely seeing all your sketch inspired cards last week and as always we were amazed by the variety of creations it produced.

Our Kate is sunning herself in Spain at the moment (not jealous at all - honest) so is unable to play along this week. Hope you're enjoying yourself hunny!

So what are we challenging you to do for us this fortnight? Well we want to see your creations inspired by a song or piece of music. This doesn't have to be a literal interpretation of a song and doesn't have to have the title on the card - just share with us something that a favourite song or musical piece has inspired you to create. Once I got to thinking about this challenge and started looking at my PTI sets I couldn't stop thinking of songs to create a card from!! I made two different ones in the end but I could have gone on and on.

Diamonds Are a Girls Best Friend - Marylin Monroe
{Recipe:}
STAMPS: A Little Argyle, Round and Round.
CARD: Vintage cream, Aqua mist.
INK: Aqua mist, Enchanted Evening.
OTHER: Limitless Layers 1.75" dies, gemstones

I Love Rock and Roll - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.
{Recipe:}
STAMPS: Grunge Me, Boy Basics: Rock On.
CARD: Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise.
INK: Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Terracotta Tile, Smokey grey..
OTHER: Guitar die, Glossy Accents


Over to Aimes
For this challenge I thought I'd struggle but actually the hardest part for me was narrowing down my song choice!

I really wanted to pay tribute to one of my favourite songs - Mr Jones by Counting Crows but time beat me once again....(if I ever get the time I'll play along again this fortnight!) so I thought I'd stick with a super cheesy classic, 'Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves' (note: this is not an indication of what is in my music collection!)Card Deets
{Thank you for being so thoughtful}
Stamps: Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: Blueberry Sky
Patterned Paper: Distressed Dots - Harvest Gold (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: White Twill Ribbon, White Vintage Button (Papertrey Ink)/Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)


No literal interpretation here - just the title of the song inspiring my colour choices! This song makes me think of summer and beaches hence my sand, sea and sky colour combo. The good thing is that you can create a card based solely on the mood a song puts you in so the possibilities for getting inked up along to a song are endless!

Onto our featured stamper Jen,

The song that just kept coming to my mind and having so much meaning to me was a new one by Chris Tomlin (I LOVE his music!) called "Symphony". Here are a few lines from the song (if you'd like to hear the song and see the entire lyrics, feel free to visit my blog):

Shining wonders, fields of splendor; how they sing Your symphony
The deepest oceans, rising mountains; how they sing Your symphony
Let the earth fear the Lord, and all the people of the world; stand in awe, stand in awe
In symphony with all created things, sing the song that we were made to sing
We stand in awe, we stand in awe
In the skies and in the oceans, everything that's living, breathing
A symphony to You

I live in Kansas , in the United States and right now the fields are full of the splendor of God. I love, LOVE this time of year as the fields begin to grow, the trees are all turning green & flowers are blooming. The other day we were coming home from town and as we turned onto the road that leads to our small town, the fields were literally dancing (it is very windy here a lot!!). It was one of the most beautiful sights and I was very much in awe as I told my husband to slow down and just look! That is what this song says to me. The fields seemed to be dancing for the Lord and in that moment I was able to sing the praises of God and stand in awe. It's amazing what a little wind and some tall grasses/crops can do for my soul! I also love when the wheat begins to turn golden. It is such a beautiful picture and another one that makes me sing a symphony of praise to the Lord. That is how this song inspired me to create this card


Supplies (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Spiral Bouquet, Background Basics: Sheet Music, Everyday Blessings
Paper: Rustic Cream, Smokey Shadow
Other: Vineyard Impression Plate, Labels 1 Nestabilities, Ribbon, Pop Dots, White Pearls, Copics, Crop-a-dile

So off you go and start going through your CD collection, iPod or vinyl (for you golden oldies out there - lol) and create something inspired!

Up for grabs this week is....

Signiature Series : Cupcake stamp set.



Here's what you need to know:
* All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify (please state what is PTI as sometimes for us it's hard to tell :D)

* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post (be aware that we've had a few niggles with it!). Please leave the correct URL for your entry post and not just your generic blog address! If you're having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.

* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!

* Challenge closes on Monday, May 30th 2011 at 9.00am GMT

* As well as a randomly picked winner, we'll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.

Looking forward to seeing all your fabulous sketch interpretations!
Caryn, Aimes, Kate & Jenxxxx



4 comments:

Emma said...

Well if this ain't' right up my street lol! Super duper entries ladies, loving the grunge and splatter, the sunshine and bling too :D

Thanks for your amazing inspiration :D

Maureen said...

How 'bout I "Get This Party Started!" LOL....super fun challenge and yes, I could make cards "All Night Long" with this theme!! Love all the samples, ladies!!

Lexxie said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog Aimes. I forgot I have the most appropriate sentiment to fit your challenge-my new version of my card is now on my blog-hope you like it!
Love Sarita xx

Imke said...

Ladies, your cards are fabulous !! I´m so glad that i could join your challenges after a long, long time. LOL Big Hugs to you !!