Tuesday 31 May 2011

Challenge: A Recipe for Fun...

Hey!

It's time for a fabby new challenge here on A Passion for Papertrey; I hope you're ready to play along!

We've cooked up a fun challenge this fortnight with a recipe! Nope, we're not actually baking, but asking you to follow a recipe when it comes to your papercrafting. We'd like to see you include the following delicious ingredients:
  • A dollop of colour (3 colours - plus neutrals if required, e.g black/white)
  • A sprinkling of buttons (2 buttons)
  • A pinch of ribbon (1 Ribbon)
I'm no masterchef, but this is my kinda baking *wink* Here's what I cooked up for ya:


Card Deets
{Happy Birthday}
Stamps: Birthday Bash Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Beautiful Blooms (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Simply Chartreuse Vintage Buttons, True Black Grosgrain Ribbon (Papertrey Ink)/Cuttlebug/Circle Nestabilities/Chompy! Corner Chomper/
Bling (Zva)/Promarkers to colour clear bling!

Finally getting around to using up some of the yummy PTI DP that I hoard! I think this card would be suitable for any birthday during summer with those blooms. The coordinating bling was originally a clear gem that I coloured with an alcohol marker to coordinate with the colour scheme (I this trick!)

Over to Kate: "This was a fun challenge!! My (fabulous!) Modern Basics set has been sitting un-inked in it's case for way too long so I quickly inked it up with New Leaf and Aqua Mist for this card. My only gripe is that the New Leaf ink didn't stamp too well.... roll on the new inks from PTI!! Ps. Have you seen that sentiment somewhere before?!


Recipe:
Stamps: Modern Basics (PTI)
Ink: New Leaf(PTI)/Aqua Mist(PTI)/Memento Tuxedo Black
Card: Stampers Select White/ Hawai'in Shore/Aqua Mist (PTI)
Other: Corner Chomper/Beautiful Blooms Dies (PTI)/Buttons - New Leaf & Aqua Mist (PTI)

Caryn will be back soon from her travels to Scotland to add her card!

HERE I AM! Better late than never as they say! Got a bit caught up with work and family but finally managing to get my project photographed and uploaded. So here it is. I made a little wall/door hanging for my niece who is going to be 10 on the 10th June. I have also made her a matching name decoration for her room which I will share later this week. I cut the heart from thin chipboard using the heart nestibilities and the felt using the Beautiful Blooms dies. The "e" for Ellie is a rub on I had lying in my stash for years!!

And finally but by no means least, as our featured stamper for May, here's Jen:
The colors I chose to use for this challenge are Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush & Spring Moss (and I used Kraft as a neutral...I hope that that was still within the rules!!). I ordered a few of the fruit stamps from Papertrey's recent release and I am in LOVE!! I haven't had a lot of time to stamp lately, but when I do, I find myself reaching for these sweet little sets! I really like being able to cut these cute little fruit images out of felt, fabric or paper! I kept the focus of this card very clean & simple. The words from the Tag It's #1 set (LOVE that font so much!!) fit perfectly in the space of the frame!


I also wanted to take a second to thank Kate, Aimes and Caryn for allowing me to play along this month!! I’ve had the best time!! Thank you so much!

Fancy joining us for a this recipe for fun? Well to tempt you a li'l bit more, up for grabs for one randomly selected peep is this super sweet stamp set:


Here are the full challenge deets:

* All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify (please state what is PTI as sometimes for us it's hard to tell :D)

* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post (be aware that we've had a few niggles with it!). Please leave the correct URL for your entry post and not just your generic blog address! If you're having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.

* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!

* Challenge closes on Monday, June 13th 2011 at 9.00am GMT

* As well as a randomly picked winner, we'll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.

We can't wait to see what you rustle up with this recipe!

Aimes, Kate, Caryn & Jen
xxxx


3 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Fun challenge!! This fitted my idea perfectly!! You've made wonderful cards, ladies! Love them!!

Karen M said...

All of these are sooo pretty! xx

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Such lovely projects, girls! I especially love the felt cherries - YUM! :)