Monday 1 November 2010

Anything But a Card Challenge!

Hi Papertrey fans, it's Caryn here. Kate and Aimes have thrown me in at the deep end and have entrusted me with writing the post for our new challenge. Hopefully I won't miss out anything important - don't want to be sacked on my first week in the job, lol!!

So onto the challenge details. We want to see you create ANYTHING but a card. It could be a scrapbook page, a tag, gift packaging or any other creation you can think of - just not a card. All we ask is that you use at least one Papertrey Ink product in your design - simples!

When I found out what the challenge was going to be I decided I would create a gift to give my sister-in-law for my little nephew's baptism. I'm not a fan of the generic baby gifts you can buy in jewellers shops (you know, those little trinket boxes and ornaments - not my thing at all) so I bought an inexpensive box frame from Ikea and thought I'd make a little picture for his new bedroom (they are moving house after Christmas). Aimes has kindly loaned me her Tiny Treats: Valentine stamp set and I thought the cute little images in that set would be perfect for a little 1 year old.



I used a base of Pure Poppy card and the dotty distressed paper from the Pretty Pastels collection and my EK Success star punch to make the stars (from Vintage Cream card). The images are coloured with ProMarkers and the letters (my nephews initials) are stamped in Pure Poppy using a Banana Frog alphabet set.

Over to Kate: "I love stationery sets so I decided to use one of Lauren Meader's From The Desk Of' Timeless Templates to make a set of notelets to have on my desk whenever I need to scribble a quick note. Excuse the picture - I will take a better one in daylight!



Kate
Recipe:
Stamps: Take Note/Mega Mixed Messages/Round & Round Anniversary Set
Card: Hawai'in Shores/Stampers Select White
Paper:Green Boutique
Ink: Hawai'in Shores/Versafine Black
Other: New Leaf ribbon/Circle Nestabilities

Over to Aimes:
"Well life is pretty hectic still, so I'm gonna 'fess up that I'm featuring something for this challenge that I made the other week, but haven't shared here yet; hope you can forgive me!

I just adore these treat boxes - I think I'm addicted! So cute, so sweet and oh so simple to create! Now that's my kinda crafting when you can only squeeze in tiny amounts of inky therapy time!"
Treat Box Deets
{Thank You}
Stamps: Star Prints (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Black (Memento)/Antique Linen (Distress Ink)
Cardstock: Kraft, Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Dotty Biscotti (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Treat Box Die (Papertrey Ink)/Star Punch (SU!)/Raspberry Fizz Button (Papertrey Ink)/Fineline Pen

And here's what our wonderfully talented Bev, our November Featured Stamper has created for us using some of the latest products:
For my 'Anything but a Card' project I decided to use some of my new PTI goodies. They are the Favour It 2 Box Die, The Limitless Layers Dies, Holiday jar Fillers and Holiday Tags 2010.






And so what can you win?



Some luscious Raspberry Fizz yumminess. 2 sheets of Raspberry Fizz cardstock, one sheet of each of the 12 designs in the Raspberry Fizz mix paper collection, 3 foot-long samples of Raspberry Fizz ribbon (Satin Dots, Satin and Twill) and a few Raspberry Fizz Buttons.

So here's the serious bit!!

* All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify

* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post. Please leave the correct URL for your entry post and not just your generic blog address! If you're having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.

* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!

* Challenge closes on Monday, November 15th 2010 at 9.00am GMT

* A winner will be chosen at random to receive some PTI goodies!

* In addition to this, we'll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.

We can't wait to see what you come up with!

Kate, Aimes, Caryn & Bev


5 comments:

Daniela F. said...

Fun-tastic projects, ladies! Love how beautiful yet different these projects all are. Dana xx

Om oss said...

Love this challenge, and your projects looks great! Time to get creative!!
love Tessan

Robin said...

gorgeous DT samples!! I am in Ireland and just came across Papertrey and totally addicted already... first lot just arrived in the mail! Look forward to playing soon! Robin

sugacatz said...

It feels like ages since I Have taken part in a challenge so I have gone a bit daft with my entries. Whoops. Got a bit carried away. Lx

Inkyfingers said...

What a great idea to have a change from cardmaking. Love the sampleas and inspiration.
Hugs
Carol x