Monday 28 June 2010

Summertime!

... and the living is easy!! Well it certainly is summer here in the UK, I can't remember it being this hot for a very long time!

For our new challenge we decided to celebrate this fabulous time of year by challenging you to make a summer themed project. You can use summer as your inspiration however you want - in the images, the colours or the design. As always the only stipulation is that you use at least one Papertrey product on you creation.
I know we normally have a few samples to show you when we set our challenges, just to get your creative juices flowing, but today it will be just me and Chris, our June featured stamper. Aimes has taken a few days away from the blog because of family commitments but will hopefully be back with a summer themed card for you later this week.

In the meantime here's my sample - I fell in love with the Aloha set the minute I saw it, and this is the first time I've inked it up. I just love that flower!


Recipe:
Stamps: Aloha/Background Basics - Retro (PTI)
Card: Stamper's Select White/Raspberry Fizz/Hawaiin Shores (PTI)
Ink: Memento Black/Simply Chartreuse (PTI)
Other: Rick-Rack die(PTI)/Copic Markers/Corner Chomper

Over to June's featured stamper, Chris:

"One of the best times of summer for me is when I can leave the suburbs of London for a day and go down to my folks in Oxfordshire for the day. Sitting in their garden and listening to the quiet and watching the red kites - suddenly you can look up and see the sky full of multi-coloured balloons making their way over The Downs. So here is a very simply card that reflects my summer:
Many thanks to Kate and Aimes for inviting me to be the featured stamper this month - please don't forget to have a go at my little challenge to make a round card and you could be the winner of a pile of lovely Papertrey papers!!"

So what summer themed card can you come up with - we can't wait to see!

Here are the details on entering the challenge"

* All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify

* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post. If you're having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.

* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!

* Challenge closes on Monday, July 12th 2010 at 9.00am GMT

* A winner will be chosen at random to receive some PTI goodies! In addition to this, we'll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.

Have fun!

Kate, Aimes and Chris xxx


14 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

Love this color combination! The coloring is shaded so pretty!

Kay D said...

Oooh, I love the way Hawaiian Shores looks with Raspberry Fizz- yummy!

Deb Neerman said...

Fabulous sample!

Thanks for another fun challenge!!

Daniela F. said...

Sounds like a fun challenge! Love the pretty color combos on both cards :)

Tina Spohn said...

Thanks to Aimes I throw this card in for the current challenge. I don´t have that much time for the internet at the moment, but I hope you don´t forget me. *lol*

OK, here is my entry:

http://basteltinchen.blogspot.com/2010/07/hi-sagt-der-schmetterling.html

Hope, you like it. :)

Hugs from Germany, Tina

PS: Our soccer-guys did such an unbelieveble job today against Argentina, wow, amazing. :D

Isha said...

Great challenge...for us its too hot here but mornings are a bit pleasant and there I got my inspiration from my garden.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I'm loving your challenges and the creativity here, keep up the good work girls! :)

Isha Gupta said...

Love the inspirational card and challenge. I made my creation with a summery garden inspiration. I hope you like it.

Isha Gupta said...

Made 2 more cards with summer inspiration again from my garden. Please leave comments if you like them. Looking forward for the next challenge.

Ginger Claire said...

I love your challenges and the fabulous cards.

Ann said...

Just sneeked in at the very end! Love your sample cards as usual all!

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards everyone!! I was going to post mine but the challenge was closed, lol! Anyhow, here's the card just for the sake of sharing ;)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. Keep it that way.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. Keep it that way. crfyboocshmxjusv