Monday 31 May 2010

Chippy Chip Chip!

Happy Bank Holiday Monday, Peeps! Y'all ready for a new challenge?! I hope so!

For this fortnight's challenge we want you to think about using Chipboard. Chipboard comes in all sorts of forms, be it chipboard letters, shapes, shapes cut out from chipboard with a die cutting machine and even Grungeboard counts as Chipboard! Don't have any chipboard?! Nonsense - just cut up a cereal box LOL!

For my example, I rooted through my stash for some 'Chippy Chip Chip' supplies and found some K&Co super sparkly letters that I'd been hoarding. No time like the present to de-hoard so I got busy:
Here's Kate: "I really struggled with this challenge! I think my mojo had gone walkies yesterday when I sat down to make my sample, but eventually I had an idea that I was quite happy with!

Rummaging through my chipboard collection I came across these wee flowers which I thought would go pretty well with this stamp from Everyday Button Bits. I coloured them with my Copics, and added a pearl to their centres. How much am I loving that Dotty Biscotti paper?!"



Recipe (all Papertrey Ink unless stated)

Stamps: Everyday Button Bits
Ink: Colorbox Chalk
Card: Kraft/Aqua Mist/Stamper' Select White
Papers: Dotty Biscotti

Other: Chipboard flowers (SU)/ric rak die/adhesive pearls (Hero Arts)


And here is the fabulous card by Marinette, our May Featured Stamper:

"On my chipboard I added dabber paint red and then glitter glue, I also added on my card 2 chipboard corners by Scenic route and American Crafts chipboard thickers Cupid"








Recipe

Stamps: Signature Greetings (PTI)
Card: Kraft
Papers: Be Loved (MME)
Other: Chipboard Maya Road/Chipboard Corner Scenic Route/Envelope Maya Road/Die Cuts Be Loved(MME)/Chipboard Thickers Cupid(American Crafts)


Fancy 'chipping in' and playing along - tee hee?! Here are the deets:

* All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify

* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post. If you're having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.

* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!

* Challenge closes on Monday, June 14th 2010 at 9.00am GMT

* A winner will be chosen at random to receive some PTI goodies! In addition to this, we'll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.

OK Peeps - root out that chipboard and get crafty!

Aimes, Kate and Marinette
xxx

3 comments:

Carol Steedman said...

Hey everyone,
Great cards for inspiration once again. Keep 'em coming.
Carol x

Hanne said...

Hello! This was a horrible challenge for me since I really don't know what to do with chipboard lol...
But that's why it is a challenge for I guess ;-)

Isha said...

Loved the challenge, wish I had some more time to play. Thanks for the inspirational cards.