Hope you've all had a fabulous Easter and are enjoying Easter Monday (if you're lucky enough to be off for it!) anyone feeling sick at the sight of chocolate yet?! LOL!
So even though it's Easter Monday, it's still Monday nevertheless so it's time for a new challenge! Thanks so much to everyone who participated in our last challenge - we had a fabulous response and I can't believe the amazing creations I came across from beautiful cards to fabulous notepads to the sweetest treat holders! Definitely got my inspiration for next Easter ;D
So as our title suggests, for this fortnight's challenge we want you to think about using Material. Now don't shy away if you're not a seamstress, I'm not one either! When we say material we're not thinking ribbon but more like fabrics, felts etc...
Fancy cheating? You can even use a pre-bought material embellishment (I've been loving those crocheted flowers I've seen everywhere recently!) or feel free to make your own material embellishment. Not feeling like making an embellishment? Then use some fabric to add a layer to your creation. Anything, so long as it's material, will count!
So for my example I decided to finally use that PTI Butterfly Die that had been waiting so patiently to be run through my cuttlebug with some felt I had lying around!
Stamps: Around and About Sentiments
Ink: Ripe Avocado
Card: Dark Chocolate/Vintage Cream/Turning A New Leaf DPs
Accessories: Butterfly Die/Cuttlebug/Paper Piercer/Brown Felt/Ripe Avocado Button/Jute Button Twine/Dark Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon/Apron Lace Border Punch
Here's Kate: "I decided to pull out my Beautiful Blooms set - one of the first PTI sets I bought! I used some Cuttlebug flower dies to make and layer the flowers"
Stamps - Beautiful Blooms/Damask Designs
Ink - Ripe avocado/Versafine
Card - Ripe Avocado/Plum Pudding/Vintage Cream
Other - Cuttlebug Flower dies/felt/Plum Pudding buttons and ribbon
As our featured stamper for April, Dana rolled out the fabric to come up with this super sweet creation:
There's something so fitting about using material on baby cards!
Stamps: PTI Baby Button Bits
Ink: PTI True Black, PTI Hawaiian Shores
Cardstock: PTI Rustic Cream, PTI Kraft
Other: IKEA Bomull fabric, EK Success Epoxy Dome Stickers, pinking shears, sewing machine / thread, Copic Markers (E44, E55, BG13), Tombow glue roller, Dove Craft foam squares
So here are the deets:
* All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify
* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post. If you're having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.
* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!
* Challenge closes on Monday, April 19th 2010 at 9.00am GMT
* A winner will be chosen at random to receive some PTI goodies! In addition to this, we'll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog!
We can't wait to see what fabulous creations you come up with!
Aimes, Kate & Dana