So after a long winter spring is finally here! We think one of the most beautiful things about spring is seeing nature emerge from the depths of winter - just looking out the window I can see tulips blossoming, and birds making their nests. So for this challenge we'd like you to join us in taking inspiration for our creativity from wildlife - be it flowers, trees, leaves, butterflies, birds.... the list is endless!!
Looking through my stamps I realised I had never inked up the fern and dragonfly images from the Masculine Motifs set, so I soon remedied that using a Hawai'in Shores and Simply Chartreuse colour combo - I know we waited a while for the new PTI inks but I still smile when they stamp out so beautifully!
Card details: (PTI unless otherwise stated)
Stamps: Masculine Motifs/Fillable Frames 1
Ink: Hawai'in Shores/Smokey Grey/Simply Chartreuse
Card: Stamper's Select White/Hawai'in Shores
Other: Gems (Hero Arts)/Fillable Frames 1 Die
Over to Caryn:
I have rediscovered my love of acetate recently so found myself reaching for it again on this card. I thought it added to the light and airy feel with those butterflies fluttering around! I love this colour combo - it's one I always associate with Betsy Veldman - my idol!! I struggled to fit a sentiment on to this card but in the end thought it would look cute with a teeny "Happy Birthday" from Wonderfully Whimsical (the perfect fit!).
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams, Wonderfully WhimsicalCS: Raspberry Fizz, Aqua Mist, Ripe Avocado, Stampers Select
Ink: Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz, Fresh Snow
Dies: Clouds, Butterfly Dreams, Heart Border.
"Wait up! I'm here, I'm here! Better late than never, eh?!
Card Deets: Stamps - Happy Trails (Papertrey Ink)/Card - Soft Stone, Aqua Mist, Vellum Card (Papertrey Ink)/Ink - Versamark (Tsukineko), Hawaiian Shores (Papertrey Ink), London Fog (Memento)/Accessories - Happy Trails Die (Papertrey Ink) H2O Paints (Luminere), Striped Ribbon (May Arts) GemFor our challenge I couldn't resist inking up the set, Happy Trails and using the coordinating dragonfly die. I'm sorry that the lighting on my picture makes the sentiment difficult to read and doesn't give do the dragonfly much justice either: it sparkles so much more IRL!"
And what's the prize this time?! Well, one randomly selected winner will receive this sweet set from Papertrey:
Here are those all important deets:
* Enter as any times as you wish! All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify and can cater for as many different challenges as you please! (please state what is PTI as sometimes it's hard for us to see...)
* All entries must be newly created (well, new to Blogland anyways!). Please don't link to old posts that might happen to fit the brief of the challenge!!Please leave a link back to this challenge on your entry too :)
* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post. Please leave the correct URL for your entry post and not just your generic blog address! If you're having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.
* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!
* Challenge closes on Monday, April 30th 2012 at 9.00am BST
* As well as a randomly picked winner, we'll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.
Kate, Aimes & Caryn xxx