Monday 10 January 2011

Out of Your Comfort Zone!

Welcome to another challenge here on A Passion for Papertrey! We all have styles that we're comfortable with and that we turn to almost every time we sit down to craft. But today we're going to be little bit tough on you and ask you to break out of that comfort zone and come up with a card or other papercrafting project that pushes back those boundaries!

Like all crafters I have colours that I love working with and colours I strongly dislike working with so for my sample I chose to work with the colour that challenges me the most.... purple! My style definitely leans more towards CAS than anything else so I tried to go a little bit vintage-y too - with some distressing, lace and distress inks. It certainly took me way out of my comfort zone but I have to say I don't dislike it as much as I thought I would!




Recipe:

Stamps: Studio Style
Card: Plum Pudding/Vintage Cream
Paper: Guide Lines
Ink: Memento Black/Antique Linen Distress Ink
Other: Copic Sketch Markers/lace/Plum Pudding Button/Nestabilities/Distressing Tool


Over to Aimes:
"Hmmmm...well I had a tough time thinking what exactly was out of my comfort zone. For those of you thinking I immersed myself in my feared colour, Melon Berry, I'm sorry to disappoint but I wasn't feeling quite that brave! LOL! Instead I went girly, girl without a bit of green in sight *wink*

Card Deets
{I Love You}
All Papertrey Ink unless stated
Stamps: Damask Designs
Ink: Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush/Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Blush
Accessories: Pure Poppy Grosgrain Ribbon, Pure Poppy Buttons, Mat Stack 2 Die, Cuttlebug


Kinda slushy and lovey dovey is not my style but I have to say I kinda like how those bold colours work together! Who knows...perhaps I'll experiment a little more with bold colours now I'm not so scared of 'em!"

Poor Caryn is ill and so will be back with her creation soon. Get well soon, hun!
EDITED TO ADD:

At last here I am with my card for our current challenge.  I'm sorry for the delay but it seems that having 24 hours go missing out of your life makes the next 3 days a million times busier!!

When I thought of this challenge I immediately thought of the large rose stamp from the YOF: Roses set.  I have had it for ages and SOO wanted to use it but I have been intimidated by it's size!!  I decided to break it out of it's confinement and used it with the spotty Berry Sorbet paper from the Pink Patterns paper collection.  I added a wee bit of dimension by colouring the inner parts of the petals with a peach ProMarker.  This is for my lovely sister in law Pippa - hope she likes it!!



Happy Birthday To You

All Papertrey Ink unless stated

Stamps: YOF: Roses

Ink: Versamark and Memento Black

Cardstock: Spring Moss


Patterned Paper: Pink Patterns and Pretty Pastels

Accessories: Berry Sorbet satin ribbon, White filligree embossing powder, ProMarkers.


So are you ready to craft out of your comfort zone and have the chance of winning this fabulous stamp set?! -




Here are
the deets:
* All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify (please state what is PTI as sometimes for us it's hard to tell :D)

* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post (be aware that we've got a new linky thingy!). Please leave the correct URL for your entry post and not just your generic blog address! If you're having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.

* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!

* Challenge closes on Monday, January 24th 2011 at 9.00am GMT

* As well as a randomly picked winner, we'll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog.

We can't wait to see what you come up with!

Kates, Aimes and Caryn
xxx

9 comments:

Beverley said...

Great challenge! This will be interesting! One of my not so comfy zones is layers & Vintage! As you know I LOVE the CAS style so layers & vintage type card is what I will have a BASH at!

Lou Mac said...

Gorgeous cards ladies - what a fab challenge. I wish I had some PTI products so I could participate!! *sad face* some day soon I will be placing an order though.

I love the sentiment on the purple card, perfect for how a few of my crafty friends are feeling at the moment after Christmas!!

Why not pop on over to my blog - I have candy up for grabs until the 31st.
Lou Mac. xo

Linby said...

Great challenge. I love working with purple so I will have to give that a miss boo hoo!
Linbyx

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

LOVE your cards!! Amy, yours look like hot pink was your all-time favoutite :) Fabulous, girl!!

Michelle said...

Hi I would love tp play along this time but I cant seem to up load my entry.
you can check it out here :
http://shelley-craftersbuddy.blogspot.com/2011/01/passion-for-papertrey-challenge-out-of.html

Camilla said...

hahah sorry totally misunderstood what I was suppose to write when uploading my images. I thought it was a text that would show up over my picture and not my name.

Anyway! Fun to play.

Tina Spohn said...

Out of my comfort zone, that means Shabby Chic. I love love love this style, but somehow it will not work out when I try it. This time I´m surprised because I like the card I made, heehee. I guess you can call it clean shabby chic, but it´s pretty close to shabby I hope.

Hugs, Tina

Wendy ten Hove said...

What a lovely site is this! I'm a big PTI fan and becoming even more and more, so I joined in here to see what will come around - I'm nuber 400 in followers, hi hi, that's fun!
Hugs, Wendy

AuroraDawn said...

Out of my comfort zone - thats working with blue ...

But it had to be done {wink}

AD
xxx